One of our top priorities is to build and maintain a presence in the community. Major events and Chamber sponsorships in 2016 included:
- Delivered nearly 175 Valley Welcome bags to new Carnation residents
- "State of Carnation" community and general membership meeting each February
- Hosted several member socials including a breakfast networking at the Blue Heron Gold Course, a disc golf outing over the summer and a wine tasting in November to benefit the Riverview Education Foundation
- Held a series of member education events on shopping and supporting local, Facebook basics for small business and website tools and marketing techniques in the latter half of 2016
- Halloween trick or treating and party throughout downtown businesses
- Hosted Christmas in Carnation and Breakfast with Santa
- Sponsored a college scholarship for a Cedarcrest High School graduating senior
- Sponsored Carnation 4th of July
- Supported Timber Music Festival
- Supported the first Carnation Block Party
- Participated in Savor Snoqualmie Valley, local and valley wide efforts to brand, market and promote the Snoqualmie Valley
Your membership makes it possible for us to sponsor these events and support the community, and also attract visitors to Carnation.
Studies show the top reasons businesses and individuals join a Chamber are to network and learn how to improve their businesses. Meeting other like-minded business owners and sharing ideas is fun and helps all of us succeed.
As a member you will also receive:
- Ability to participate in the Valley Welcome Program at no extra charge to your membership fee. Find all the details and how you can participate here: https://chambermaster.blob.core.windows.net/userfiles/UserFiles/chambers/2111/CMS/Valley_Welcome_Program_-_Carnation_Chamber.pdf
- Listing on the Carnation Chamber Website: Your business will be listed and linked on the Chamber website. Post events on the community calendar; it’s easy!
- Advocacy with Local Governments: The Chamber works closely with the City Council and staff on economic development and other issues of concern to the business community.
- Promote your Business at Chamber meetings: You will receive email updates on city and business affairs and invitations to all Chamber meetings and events. You may host and present at Chamber meetings.
- Representation for Valley-wide planning efforts